Casio WK-200 problems

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
cky727

Post by cky727 »

Hello. I was looking at the Synthesia game and thought it would be a great way to learn piano easy. So I downloaded it and went to play it with my keyboard plugged into the computer via USB. However, for some reason the game does not recognize that my keyboard is plugged in at all and does not appear in the input selection. I have a Casio Wk-200 and Windows XP. The computer recognizes the device and the drivers were downloaded automatically, is there anything else I need that I am missing? If you can, please give me details as to how to set up my keyboard to make this work.
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

Try to reinstall the driver of the Casio, you can find it herehttp://support.casio.com/download.php?c ... =340&rgn=5
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
cky727

Post by cky727 »

vicentefer31 wrote:Try to reinstall the driver of the Casio, you can find it herehttp://support.casio.com/download.php?c ... =340&rgn=5
Still no luck =/
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Are you selecting it from the list on the title screen? Or does it not appear there at all?

That is, have you changed the "Input Device" box away from "Synthesia Software Keyboard" to something (usually like "USB Audio Device")? Or, if you press those triangles on either side, is it not in the list?
cky727

Post by cky727 »

Nicholas wrote:Are you selecting it from the list on the title screen? Or does it not appear there at all?

That is, have you changed the "Input Device" box away from "Synthesia Software Keyboard" to something (usually like "USB Audio Device")? Or, if you press those triangles on either side, is it not in the list?
It is not on the list at all.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm... does it show up in other MIDI enabled applications? (Say, for example, Anvil Studio?)
cky727

Post by cky727 »

It gave me a message saying I don't have a soundcard with a midi in port. I'm guessing that's my problem, does this mean I need a new soundcard?
cky727

Post by cky727 »

Or am I just having problems with my USB cable for it not being recognized by other programs?
cky727

Post by cky727 »

Also, my keyboard does show up onto my computer as USB Audio Device. But no programs are picking it up. Sorry for all the posts, I'm just trying to give as much detail as I can. This looks like a really worthwhile program.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, if it's not showing up in other programs your best bet might be to contact Casio support and see if they have any advice.

If you mention in the first email or contact form or whatever that you've already installed the latest driver, that will probably speed things along, too.
cky727

Post by cky727 »

After hours of googling I found the problem! As it turns out my logitech webcam drivers were interferring with my keyboard drivers.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Wow, that's kind of strange... although now that you mention it, I (very) vaguely remembering hearing about that before. Thanks for coming back to report your findings. Now I'll be able to share that with anyone else that may be having trouble with a Casio keyboard. (Do you know if it's all Casio keyboards or only certain models?)
cky727

Post by cky727 »

I'm not sure, I found it on a WK-200 forum, but if others complain about their Casio not working it wouldn't hurt to mention the logitech problem. If I find out more on it I'll post again.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, I just searched around and here are two other posts here (one from March, the other from June) about Logitech webcams. One of them was about a non-Casio keyboard. Looks like it might be even wider spread than I thought.
MartinR

Post by MartinR »

Logitech webcam drivers cause more issues. I had to stop using my webcam because when I played world of warcraft, with the webcam attached, my pc crashed after 2-6 minutes. There is something seriously wrong with these Logitech webcam drivers... I'm still wondering why no one found a fix... Maybe it's just another windows flaw :shock:
cky727

Post by cky727 »

There is a fix, one of those 2 links lead me to one and now it works perfectly. (:
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yeah, for reference, and to get it in one more place on the Internet for Google's sake, the solution from the thread on the other forum to fix the problem Logitech webcam drivers cause for some MIDI keyboards or MIDI adapters is as follows:
impermanence33 from TechArena forums wrote:
  1. Go into the registry editor (go to Start Menu, Run and type regedit)
  2. Go to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and delete the two items "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters"
  3. Go to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} and delete "LowerFilters"
  4. Go to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{6BDD1FC5-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} and delete "UpperFilters"
  5. Move back to the root of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\
  6. Launch a search (i.e Ctrl-F with the option to search in "Data") and type "LVUSBSTA". For any place found (only in the "Control\Class" area), just delete the "LowerFilters" item (it is the item that contain the value LVUSBSTA found). For me, I didn't find any other places than the ones mentioned here.
  7. Then uninstall the midi device driver, unplug it and plug it back in. Windows should recognise it and install it and it should work!
(Historically Google hasn't done a very good job indexing the forum. I think it's because of the https protocol I use for the board. I really only wanted during login but this board doesn't support that. Still, it's worth a shot. I'm going to put it up in the pink box too.)
MartinR

Post by MartinR »

Well, I HAD a Logitech webcam, and my keyboard/adapter isn't working (see my other post)...
I tried to follow the steps you just coppied from that other forum, but I don't have any Lower or Upper filters in the register... what does that mean? That logitech isn't causing my issues?
blazzter

Post by blazzter »

Hola amigos gracias por este foro (el vendedor de mi teclado se salvo de una puteada) Efectivamente desinstale los drivers de la webcam logitech, y al reiniciar funciona.

Tengo un Casio wk210 supongo será lo mismo para el wk 200
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Judging by the translation, that looked something along the lines of "Thanks for this thread, uninstalling the web cam driver and restarting worked."