10.7 preview r5491 - Simple Multi-Track Song Recording

Archived development update discussion from past versions
Archived development updates.
paronym

Post by paronym »

Mte90 wrote: 09-01-20 10:14 am I did some photo of yesterday about the missing keylights note with my casio lk-265.
Attached there are some photos in 3 different midi songs, if I use just the right hand they are highlighted rightly.
Hmm. You say you took some photos of your LK-265, yet the photos you posted look to me like the LK-S250. Are you sure about which keyboard you have?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The "maximum of four lit keys" restriction has a long history. I recorded this video ten(!) years ago. That's the LK-100, but it seems to suffer from the same problem. Worse, at the time the manual listed that up to ten keys could be lit. I recorded the video to show a Synthesia user that it wasn't the case. A few months later, Casio at least updated the specs sheet on their website to mention the four key limit.
Mte90

Post by Mte90 »

paronym wrote: 09-10-20 8:43 pm Hmm. You say you took some photos of your LK-265, yet the photos you posted look to me like the LK-S250. Are you sure about which keyboard you have?
You are right it is a LK-250 I just confused the numbers.
Nicholas wrote: 09-12-20 2:07 pm The "maximum of four lit keys" restriction has a long history. I recorded this video ten(!) years ago. That's the LK-100, but it seems to suffer from the same problem. Worse, at the time the manual listed that up to ten keys could be lit. I recorded the video to show a Synthesia user that it wasn't the case. A few months later, Casio at least updated the specs sheet on their website to mention the four key limit.
Seems that you are right it is the same problem, maybe add blinking as I proposed in another thread is a workaround.

Attached there is another case of Four Elisa (easy) where a note is marked on the sheet for left hand but instead required to be played with right hand. It is happening also with Eine Kleine Musich (Medium) where the sheet is just for a single hand but Synthesia report 2 hands to be playable but there is just one note for the right hand.
Attachments
IMG_20200901_214337.jpg
IMG_20200901_214337.jpg (4.8 MiB) Viewed 7896 times
IMG_20200909_212125.jpg
IMG_20200909_212125.jpg (2.99 MiB) Viewed 7896 times
IMG_20200909_212133.jpg
IMG_20200909_212133.jpg (6.35 MiB) Viewed 7896 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Mte90 wrote: 09-14-20 9:21 amAttached there is another case of Four Elisa (easy) where a note is marked on the sheet for left hand but instead required to be played with right hand.
This was reported a while back and I've already fixed it for the next preview.
Mte90 wrote: 09-14-20 9:21 amIt is happening also with Eine Kleine Musich (Medium) where the sheet is just for a single hand...
Today Synthesia will (incorrectly!) place all the notes for both hands on a single staff if it can do so without too many leger lines. This will be fixed by the Synthesia 11 update.
Mte90

Post by Mte90 »

Cool, I was ready to report other issues like this.

There is any ETA for the next preview (I can wait for 11)? As I am using Synthesia to learn read sheets have this kind of bugs is very uncomfortable.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

You can get the fixed song by itself over here already.

Otherwise the next preview should actually be rather soon. It has been very challenging to get (nearly) caught up on support and still get anything done in the time left over (with 1 and 4 year old children in the house 24/7). Google and Apple have both been trying their best to give me more work to do, too, with forced upgrades to targeting their new OSes, both of which broke things in non-trivial ways. Still, I've been getting closer to that next preview by degrees. Very optimistically, I want to say it should be in a week. But we'll see.
Mte90

Post by Mte90 »

Just for asking, there are updates?
I am just playing the songs that I know don't have issues but I would like to play also other without thinking what is the right hand for that note.

Anyway thanks to synthesa and like 5 months I am able to play with just reading the notes (with both hands) after 17 years the last time I played a piano.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I had just given an update two hours before your message in the topic next to this one. ;)