Download from the pink box above.
If you guys don't find any problems in this build (highly unlikely ) it will become the official 0.7.1 release.
Changes in r792 since r766:
- IMPORTANT: Synthesia is now built against the February-2010 version of DirectX! SEE NOTE BELOW TO HELP WITH TESTING!
- Improved Sheet Display: Staff Detection, from the feature voting page. See the known issue below.
- Sustain pedal will now hold notes 'open' while held. This still doesn't technically affect scoring, but only because you aren't scored on how long you hold things right now.
- The "Fixed Do Note Names" are now referred to as "'Do Re Mi' Note Names" for clarity.
- New advanced option under OS X to remove leading NULL bytes from MIDI input. This may improve compatibility with certain keyboards/adapters.
- Show text even when Trebuchet MS isn't installed (in Windows).
- Song length was being calculated incorrectly in some rare cases. This led to the game stopping before the final notes were finished sounding. (Thanks Coldmiser)
- Scores above one million points will no longer show in scientific notation on the scoreboard screen.
- Fixed some artifacting that could happen with ATI cards while using DirectX.
- Fixed in the installer: The "View in Synthesia" right click shortcut now sets percussion tracks to "Played But Hidden" like it should have.
Unless you recently installed the latest version of DirectX, you might be able to help! Here is how:
- Download the preview.
- Try to run Synthesia.exe
- If you get an error about missing d3dx9_42.dll, you can help! Otherwise, you can carry on with testing the rest of it and pay no more attention to this.
- Extract the directx_redist folder from the preview zip.
- Run the DXSETUP.exe in there... NOT the downloadable installer from Microsoft.
- Follow the instructions and install the update.
- Does the game work now?
- Be sure you're set to DirectX mode... it says which you're using on the title screen.
- Does it still work?
It would also be helpful to know about anything else quirky you notice that has changed while using DirectX mode. For example, I think the forced v-sync got removed, so you might notice a relative speed-up from before. The newer DirectX files are bound to perform a little nicer, too, hopefully. Let me know anything interesting you find!
Better Staff Selection
This is a pretty subtle one. It still can't be perfect in all cases (think songs with hand-over-hand parts or crazy huge ranges). But, it should be MUCH better at placing notes on the "correct" staff.
If anyone was curious what it used to look like, you shouldn't see anything like this anymore: Known Issue with Ledger Lines
Flatted notes that are below a staff may sometimes have an extra ledger line. I will fix this in the future. Again, if you're curious, it's because I calculate how many ledger lines are required before I determine the note "spelling". At the time of calculation, I am assuming sharps. When it updates it to a flat after the spelling calculation, it doesn't know to take away a bottom ledger line. This has always been a bug. I just found it though.