0.7.5 Preview r1068

Archived development update discussion from past versions
Archived development updates.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 09-26-10 3:02 pm

TonE wrote:Could you write into the wiki also since which version of Synthesia the new scoring model is true? I think since r1068 something changed and the old practice score model is not valid any more, I seem to get even higher practice scores than the old possible max values as given below
That's the bug vicentefer found. That was unintentional. The info on that page is still correct... it's the .exe that isn't. ;)

I plan to add versioning to it in the future, but since 0.7.5 will contain the score wipe all of you guys already got in r1065 and because the online scoreboard will first be introduced in 0.8.0 (with no additional scoring changes), this feels like a clean slate where we can just forget everything that existed before and start over from scratch here. Beyond 0.8.0, I'll document changes along the lines of "as of 0.9.3, the number of collected bonus giraffes represents 10% of your score".

Electrode

Post by Electrode » 09-26-10 3:40 pm

Collectable bonus giraffes are EPIC WIN. I can't wait! :D

vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 » 09-26-10 4:22 pm

FinalScore for practice Mode= speed * (NoteHitComponent + NoteHoldingComponent + TimingComponent)
That would be much better

Example: with a song with 70% speed, the max score = 7000 points
FinalScore for practice Mode= 70 * (NoteHitComponent + NoteHoldingComponent + TimingComponent)
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 09-26-10 5:39 pm

vicentefer31 wrote:FinalScore for practice Mode= speed * (NoteHitComponent + NoteHoldingComponent + TimingComponent)
I think you're looking for rhythm mode. That's how it works there. If the song is stopping to wait for you, the speed really doesn't matter.

Electrode

Post by Electrode » 09-27-10 8:01 am

Nicholas wrote:
vicentefer31 wrote:The new score for the Practice Mode is really bad...
Found and fixed. I also removed the speed component from practice scores altogether. Now the max is exactly 10,000 at 1% , 100%, or 400% speed. (That cleaned up the scoring description quite a bit.)
I like this speed-independent way of scoring for Practice Mode. Speed never really made much sense to factor into Practice Mode in the first place, because of the wait-for-correct-note style of gameplay. Now, it's more like a sort of "percentage in the form of a score". So, no matter what speed you're at, you know from your eventual score (since it's speed-independent) that you're (for example) 89.1% of the way to making the song perfect with a score of 8,910. So, you can work on the premise of "OK, I'll get to 99% completion (which means a score of 9,900) at 10% speed, and then I'll take up the speed by 5% and then work at getting to 9,900 score again before raising the speed again, etc.". It's a much better indicator of your current progress, and enables you to quantify how much you're progressing a lot better than the previous method. This makes it much easier to be able to set yourself score-based goals. :)

stricken

Post by stricken » 09-29-10 7:21 am

Helo.
I like this game. But I have a question to you. I don't know, if it is possible, but I want to ask you to open the code in order I could make Russian localisation. It would be done for my personal use, and use of my friends. I will give you all backups, so you can sel it to Russian users.

aria1121

Post by aria1121 » 09-29-10 10:27 am

stricken wrote:I don't know, if it is possible, but I want to ask you to open the code in order I could make Russian localisation.
I think that this is not possible. On the Future Voting Page you can vote for "Unicode Support and Localization Preparation".

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 09-29-10 1:40 pm

Yeah, I'm planning on doing localization at some point in the future. For now though, that's on hold.

cairnz

Post by cairnz » 10-01-10 4:42 pm

What's the sensitivity in how much earlier you can be on the note now? I swear either you've made it absolutely zero or the game doesn't detect all my keypresses (behind the scenes, because it shows in the particleeffect thing) - pedal or no pedal.

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 10-03-10 9:18 pm

cairnz wrote:What's the sensitivity in how much earlier you can be on the note now?
Try messing around with "Gameplay.NoteWindowUs" in the advanced section of the config tool. I think it used to be about 3x what it is now (165000, or 0.165 seconds).