0.8.0 Preview r1125

Archived development update discussion from past versions
Archived development updates.
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

Raymond wrote:I know I would like to learn sheet music. and it's kinda hard to just use sheet music when the falling notes are still displayed. (I am assuming multi-line sheet will not have any room left for the falling notes.)
Hello Raymond, maybe Nicholas can do something right now about this.
Now if have the sheet music enabled and the falling notes if we click in F5 the falling notes and sheet music are hidden.
The idea about this is improve the button F5 how;
1) if the sheet music and the falling notes an we can see them in the screen, if we click in F5 the falling notes are hidden
2) if we can see only the sheet music and we click in F5, then the sheet music is hidden, so we have the "blind mode"
3) if we are in "blind mode" and click in F5, the sheet music and the falling notes are shown again.

Do you like the idea?
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Yea something like that would work. (I did not even know you could hide them with F5)
maccer

Post by maccer »

Raymond wrote:(I did not even know you could hide them with F5)
Me neither! Or if I did I had forgotten it. So since the functionality to hide sheet music is already there, it should be a piece of cake to add a "off" option to the sheet music menu in the new "switch-during-play" settings ;)

@vicentefer: in your step 1), i would like to add that I don't see a point with simply hiding the falling notes and only show a single line of sheet music at the top of the screen with the rest of the screen empty ; in that case the game should automatically switch to the not-yet-existing "full-screen sheet music" mode.

@Nicholas: Thanks :)
Songs learned using Synthesia:
CT: Wind Scene, The Trial | FF7: Prelude | SMB: Overworld, Underwater | Tetris: Theme A | Zelda: Lost Woods | Other: Für Elise