0.8.2 Preview r1352, r1364 - Song library improvements

Archived development update discussion from past versions
Archived development updates.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I meant r1364 when I said "latest". Let me know if you're able to reproduce it. ;)
aria1121

Post by aria1121 »

Sorry I made a mistake.

I don't understand how you can't reproduce that. (I have to say I never use stable versions, only if I want to reproduce. I play only in the dev's.) First you have to link it to Synthesia. In my case r1364 is located in %userprofile%\desktop\synthesia and linked MIDI's to Synthesia's main-dev-executable in that folder. Now I have two MIDI's on my Desktop (%userprofile%\desktop). Multiple select them and press [Enter] or drag'n'drop 'em on Synthesia's shortcut (to r1364 what I meant).
aria1121

Post by aria1121 »

I think I know why this happens.

Theory #1: MIDI #1 and MIDI #2 are sent to Synthesia, separately. That means no duplicate option, it should be like ""setlocal enabledelayedexpansion"&&"synthesia.exe "file""&&"synthesia.exe "file""" Before Synthesia's process is ran, MIDI #2 is sent.

Theory #2: MIDI #1 and MIDI #2 are sent to Synthesia, the same time. That should be like synthesia.exe ""file1";"file2"" I think. You still use 2 options, right? Then two boxes are opened?

Theory #3: Something went wrong with Windows' "Send To..."
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Alright, I see it now. I didn't realize you were talking about simultaneous launching. The "drag to the .exe" method is still correct (you get an error message about a bad command line because only one filename is supposed to be there), but right-clicking and doing "Play in Synthesia" with more than one appears to launch one instance per file.

EDIT: I'm going to push this (attempted) fix off until 0.8.3 because this release is starting to drag on pretty long and because this is relatively low priority. A little config file corruption never hurt anybody, right? Right? :D