Download from the pink box above.
Changes in r1442 since r1409:
- New page-flip effect that doesn't cut measures off half-way through.
- New measure/division highlight replacing the red line. Is now always accurate.
- Key signatures and correct note spelling/accidentals. (New: double-sharps and double-flats.)
- Time signatures.
- Staccato notes and other duration filling. (Should eliminate most of the eighth-rest noise.)
- Crowded notes now get pushed out to the side the way they're supposed to.
- Track staff selection has been improved (for reals this time).
- Bar lines now travel between both staffs.
- Timeline now shows until end of final measure (vs. end of final note).
- Loops can now extend until end of final measure.
- Notation should no longer end with an extra empty measure.
- Removed silly extra bar line between clefs and first measure.
- Fixed lots of problems in the way rests were generated.
- Bar lines are now correct: double for section breaks (key changes) and heavy double at end of song.
- Tweaked glyph spacing overall. Things should look more sheet-music'y now.
- Reminder from r1409: Staff/measure lines are crisper and uniform.
- Reminder from r1409: Pick-up measures are now trimmed in sheet music.
- Reminder from r1409: Scrolling sheet mode is gone.
- Maybe fixed the weird crash related to having track settings from previous versions.
I was really hoping to do even more (finger hints on the sheet(!) and a few others) but it was starting to drag on far too long and I didn't want to lose any more momentum. It's already been a few months since the last release and I'm excited to get 0.8.2 out the door! If it wasn't before, this is now officially my favorite release of all time. Having sheet music I'm not embarrassed about is a huge weight off my shoulders.
Try out key signatures with these two files: Coming up next: User-assignable input! I've got a couple mini-controllers on their way to help me test that I can support all the various, wacky CC messages that proper MIDI controllers can send. (Velocity sensitive buttons, sliders, dials, etc.) This update is also going to obsolete the graphic shown just as the song is starting, so there will be some updates there too. And while I'm making changes to the pause screen, I'm going to make it so it no longer obscures anything on the screen. Spacebar (or whatever you decide to map it to!) will be the way to still be able to see everything going on. Finally, that suggestion Electrode just made about shimmying the start/end of loops around with Ctrl+Shift+., seems like a good one to slide into this next preview.