Download from the pink box above.
Changes in r1504 since r1488:
- "Maximized Window" is now the default video mode on Windows in addition to the Mac.
- New buttons on advanced track settings screen to assign a hand to a given track. Once left/right (or "both") are assigned, the simple view becomes available.
- New "Help" button on gameplay screen (bound to F1 by default).
- Consolidated toolbar buttons, speed control, and help/quit buttons into a single bar.
- The "--on-startup Play" command-line option should work again.
- Advanced "Gameplay.LoopMaxErrors" option now works in rhythm practice too.
- Two new advanced config options to make MIDI resets do a little more ("Midi.ResetBankSelect" and "Midi.ResetVolume").
- Song titles should now always fit inside the new title bar at song start.
- Song titles are shown a little longer now (coupled with sliding in/out faster to give more reading time).
It's pretty handy for starters and it's going to open the doors on a lot of really cool stuff later (like being able to swap which hand you're playing in real time during practice)!
One immediate benefit is something I'll be working on while you test out this preview: being able to extract the hand assignments to the metadata editor the same way you can finger hints. That way you can share which parts are the important ones (vs. just background tracks). Again, this is going to open the doors for cool features.