Synthesia 10

Archived development update discussion from past versions
Archived development updates.
silvrica

Post by silvrica »

I have been using Synthesia 9. I want to update it to Synthesia 10. I know my key will work for every update, but I was not able to figure out
how download it. The only one I can get is the dev version r3255.
chrisrak11

Post by chrisrak11 »

silvrica wrote:I have been using Synthesia 9. I want to update it to Synthesia 10. I know my key will work for every update, but I was not able to figure out
how download it. The only one I can get is the dev version r3255.
http://www.synthesiagame.com/download.a ... ion=latest
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yep, you're looking for the regular download page on the Synthesia website. That's always the latest official version.
silvrica

Post by silvrica »

Thanks both of you for the link!

I am testing it now and I have a very shaking interface. Is this an expected issue that will be corrected in Synthesia 10.1? Do I need to change some setting?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, what do you mean by a shaking interface? Do you mean the notes aren't falling smoothly? If you press F6, does the number shown in the top-left corner of the screen hover around 59? Or is it lower?
silvrica

Post by silvrica »

Yes. The notes are not falling smoothly. The numbers after clicking F6 are around 50 (47, 49, 48)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Strange, there have actually been some speed improvements added since Synthesia 9. If anything, that situation should have gotten better. If you try the older Synthesia 9 release and press F6, do you see a steady 59 for the number there?
PHIDIAS

Post by PHIDIAS »

Nicholas wrote:Strange, there have actually been some speed improvements added since Synthesia 9. If anything, that situation should have gotten better. If you try the older Synthesia 9 release and press F6, do you see a steady 59 for the number there?
is that FPS?
i get 59.98-60.04
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Yes it is :)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Raymond wrote:Ok, something is not right with hand assignments vs scores.
Alright Raymond, I've finally got some time to sit down and look at this bug. Could you send the song that's exhibiting the problem to support@synthesiagame.com, please? Being able to try the experiment you outlined will help figure out what's going wrong. Thanks!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Thanks for sending that song along. I was definitely able to reproduce the problem you described. Thanks for the detailed description, too. I'll figure out what's going on and get that fixed for 10.1.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Cool.