Download from the pink box above.
REMEMBER: Your data isn't missing! Development previews store their data in a different place! See this post.
- Keyboard and falling note labels are now easier to read. (The ugly circles are gone.)
- Labels now scale up with keyboard zoom level.
- On small notes, labels now center themselves nicely.
- Added new "MIDI Markers" bookmark type, including the text from the MIDI file.
- Added new "Key signature" bookmark type, auto-generated by key changes in a song.
- Bookmark editing mode lets you toggle the visibility of each bookmark type independently.
- Whenever key signature bookmarks are enabled, the current song key is shown in the bottom left corner, above the keyboard.
- All loop and bookmark shortcuts now recognize and treat all bookmark types equally.
- The falling note area shows repeating loops correctly!
- In loop editing mode, you can add an adjustable delay between loops.
- The current loop is now saved for each song.
- Look for the '+' in the finger hint assignment pop-up. Selecting it will add another hint that can be changed independently of the first. This kind of hint indicates the finger holding that piano key should transition to the other finger without releasing the key.
- Music output "Notes" has been split into "My Notes" and "Background Instruments" to give you control over your keyboard's duplicate notes.
- Music output devices have a new "Prevent 'local' notes" option as an alternative solution to the duplicate notes problem.
- Music output devices now have a master enabled/disabled toggle so you don't have to micromanage the individual (notes, metronome, percussion, etc.) settings whenever you just want to quickly switch devices.
- On tablets, off-screen notes are now considered "out of range" for the purposes of the "Notes Outside My Range" Gameplay setting. That is, the virtual piano's note range is determined dynamically based on the current screen zoom level.
- Advanced "Gameplay.AllowFanfare" setting that can be disabled to prevent the fanfare song and confetti from happening after finishing a song.
- Advanced "Metronome.LatencyOffsetUs" setting to push the metronome ticks forward or backward some number of microseconds, to better compensate for latency between your (piano-only) keyboard and the built-in synth.
- The config tool now only shows settings that cannot be set inside Synthesia, which shortens the Advanced list considerably.
- The config tool's advanced settings list is now alphabetized.
- Added a loading screen in places where long (MIDI loading) operations were taking place in the UI thread. (The iPad terminates apps that hang the UI thread for long periods of time. This solves that problem.)
- Synthesia can now load (incredibly rare) SMPTE MIDI files. However, sheet music cannot be generated for them.
- The "--bookmark-count" command line option was a casualty of an under-the-hood technology change and has been removed.
- Known issue: There is a bug that prevents assigning finger hints to notes inside future loop iterations.
It's finally time to do track splitting and release this thing!