Synthesia Guides

Archived development update discussion from past versions
Archived development updates.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Alright, it only took four months. I finally had a chance to create the custom hand assignment guide.

Synthesia Guide: Assigning Hands

This is the format I want to follow going forward. New guides will be added on a regular schedule and shown in the news list inside Synthesia. This will eventually be the user manual that Synthesia has always lacked. It will also slowly replace the woefully out of date wiki. These are perfect to link right inside the app, too. Little :?: icons that will launch your web browser.

There are a few rough edges (the images are only standard DPI, etc.) but I wanted to get something out there for you guys to check out before I spent too much time on polish. Let me know what you think! :)

Benefits of this style include: easier to maintain (than straight video) as features and screens are updated over time; friendlier to alt-tabbing than repeatedly pausing/playing a video; able to be printed (vs. video) if you choose.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Here is another one.

Synthesia Guide: Adding Your Own Songs

Instead of answering an email about this, I decided to make a guide in-situ. For the common use-cases, that might be my model going forward.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

This one is linked right on the Hands, Instruments, and Colors screen via the new "Help" button in the header bar of the latest Synthesia 10.2 development preview.

Synthesia Guide: Song Setup