0.7.0 Preview r621, r627

Archived development update discussion from past versions
Archived development updates.
Rickeeey

Post by Rickeeey »

I have a question about the feature voting. Lets say that the chord library gets done in an update soon, will those members that voted on it get those votes they used on chord library back to vote on other features?
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

This from "Feature Voting Web":
"The following were pulled off the top of the voting list and will be included in the next release of the game. Stars used on these features have been given back and can be applied to other tasks."
At the same moment that Nicholas accepts a new feature for the next release, if you had voted to this feature then you'll have this stars back to vote again to any features you want.
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
dlf723

Post by dlf723 »

Heylo~!

im new here so i have no idea what the preview is... T_T
Where is the official release of 0.66? Is there a way to download the preview???

iam so confused!

thx!
Rickeeey

Post by Rickeeey »

I don't remember if it's been said before but Synthesia doesn't detect if the keyboard gets turned off when using Synthesia, it remains the same as if the keyboard was on. I know it's been said but if you turn on your keyboard after you opened Synthesia, then the program should detect it.
There should be new midis added for the next big release, the midis that could be added are:
1. The new pieces of sheet music from G major music theory.
2. Practice files could be added, mostly scales and chords.
Last edited by Rickeeey on 07-15-09 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

dlf723 wrote:Where is the official release of 0.66? Is there a way to download the preview?
There is no official 0.6.6 yet (or ever will be... it's been bumped up to 0.7.0 because of how big it became). But, you can get the latest preview from the red/pink box at the top of this (or any other) page in Development Updates.
Rickeeey wrote:I have a question about the feature voting...
You get your stars back as soon as I "accept" it and it moves to the "Upcoming" list.
Rickeeey wrote:I don't remember if it's been said before but Synthesia doesn't detect if the keyboard gets turned off when using Synthesia
Different drivers treat this differently. Some cause errors. Some remain completely silent as though the user stopped playing. There isn't a consistent way to handle it. (There is a distinction between turning a keyboard off vs. unplugging it. This distinction is further complicated by the type of connection you have *and* driver implementation beyond that.)

Detecting new devices has similar difficulties. My USB-to-MIDI adapter always shows my keyboard whether my keyboard is on or off (because its own power is always on, via the USB bus). There is no way to detect the actual presence of the keyboard itself.

If the game had to run on a console or any other kind of standardized device, or if there were only one type of keyboard out there, these wouldn't be a problem because there would be a clear answer. Instead, it has to run across a handful of different operating systems that work on processors with completely different architectures, across a range of every combination of wacky third-party hardware that has been manufactured in the last 15 years... and interact with every combination of keyboard/adapter for the last 25 years. I'm doing the best I can. ;)
Rickeeey wrote:There should be new midis added for the next big release...
I wasn't expecting to add any this time around. Up until last time there were only the 10 or so. Now that there are about 100, it feels like a decent list.

I do intend to add two more (lower difficulty) songs to the Learning Pack demo list. I'll probably take them from the G Major list. Any suggestions on two pieces that are very easy but still fun to play?
Rickeeey

Post by Rickeeey »

Nicholas wrote:I do intend to add two more (lower difficulty) songs to the Learning Pack demo list. I'll probably take them from the G Major list. Any suggestions on two pieces that are very easy but still fun to play?
Well then, the first obvious choice is "Turkey In The Straw" on Primer level. The next one could be "Bahay Kubo My Palm Leaf Hut" on primer level.
tommai78101

Post by tommai78101 »

Rickeeey wrote:Well then, the first obvious choice is "Turkey In The Straw" on Primer level. The next one could be "Bahay Kubo My Palm Leaf Hut" on primer level.
Wait, what? Can there be an easier one, like a lullaby or something?
Hardware Information: Dell Alienware 15 R4, Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.20GHz / 2.21 GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 2070 / Nvidia GTX 1060 dual-GPU, Roland FP-10, MIDI-OX + LoopMIDI combo.