Scott Joplin - Maple Leaf Rag

Share your original or public domain compositions here!
Request popular music with the suggestion form on the music store, not here!

All MIDI attachments must be one of the following:
  • Your own, original work submitted under some license that permits free private use (I recommend public domain or Creative Commons).
  • Adapted from works created prior to 1923. This goes for both the composition and arrangement. This means you cannot post MIDI versions of recent songs.
Electrode

Post by Electrode »

Here is the piece I'm learning at the moment. This version was sequenced by me (Ashley Kampta) from public domain sheet music available freely on the IMSLP site (http://www.imslp.org). I am releasing my sequence based on the sheet music into the public domain under the Creative Commons cc-by-nc 3.0 Licence.

I hope more ragtime gets uploaded eventually. I love the sound of it, even though it's so hard to play!
Attachments
Scott Joplin - Maple Leaf Rag.mid
(17.13 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
Last edited by Electrode on 11-12-10 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MatSher

Post by MatSher »

Wow, that is so cool, it looks as though you could really hurt yourself trying to play it.

It sounds great... If I were to comment on anything, all I would say is that you should try lower
the base hand a touch in volume to bring out the melody a bit more. Otherwise is brilliant. Two thumbs up.
mat
Electrode

Post by Electrode »

Mat, I've taken on board your suggestion, edited the MIDI file and re-uploaded it. Let me know if it's better now, or if my editing is a little too dramatic! :D
robsi01

Post by robsi01 »

It sounds very nice!

If i could play this, id probably play it all Day!

Two Thumbs up!

Infact if i had 3 Hands, it would be 3 Thumbs up!

robsi01 :D
MatSher

Post by MatSher »

Sounds great I can imagine being in a tavern in the old west hearing that song.

Sounds great
Mat