What kinds of MIDI files do you want?

Share your original or public domain compositions here!
Request popular music with the suggestion form on the music store, not here!

All MIDI attachments must be one of the following:
  • Your own, original work submitted under some license that permits free private use (I recommend public domain or Creative Commons).
  • Adapted from works created prior to 1923. This goes for both the composition and arrangement. This means you cannot post MIDI versions of recent songs.
wantstoknow

Post by wantstoknow »

can everyone send these songs for me i really really really want theme

''Jacobs theme'' Howard Shore
Hope ''Who Am I To Say''
Miley Cyrus''Butterfly fly away''
B.o.B - Airplanes (Feat. Hayley Williams of Paramore)
Alexandre Desplat Meadow(from new moon)
Alexandre Desplat Dreamcatcher
iidara

Post by iidara »

I never post midi without permission.
Last edited by iidara on 11-18-13 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

iidara, please read the Forum rules at the top of this area regarding what MIDI attachments are allowed and delete those that are not permitted according to the rules. Thank you.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
DC64

Post by DC64 »

No offence, but it is also a pain to have to scroll past the midi's i have seen over 5 times in different areas.
And the extra commentary of over 20+ frownies. :?: (sad, but overdone)
(And i have already posted some of those midi's elsewhere.)
Edit: I refer to here: viewtopic.php?p=17994#p17994
"And now for something completely different."
aria1121

Post by aria1121 »

@jimhenry
I didn't find any spore of copyright in iidara's MIDI's. But if I see how the MIDI's are made, they could've been copyrighted 'cause their instrumental sound "exactly" like in the real song. They should be placed in a particular thread in the Club section.

:)
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

aria1121 wrote:@jimhenry
I didn't find any spore of copyright in iidara's MIDI's. But if I see how the MIDI's are made, they could've been copyrighted 'cause their instrumental sound "exactly" like in the real song. They should be placed in a particular thread in the Club section.

:)
There is no longer a requirement to include a copyright notice. The policy here is that you cannot post a MIDI unless you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is not copyrighted. For starters that means that you yourself prepared the MIDI file or have written permission from the person who did. Then you have to be making the MIDI file from a musical composition that is your own or a score published before 1923.

Yes, I know this is a pain but we are trying to protect Nicholas from being hassled. Thank you to everyone for helping with this.
Jim Henry
aria1121

Post by aria1121 »

Then do we have to search the WHOLE INTERNET for it's copyright? I don't think so!

Usually people create an extra track in the MIDI on track 0 with as Track name the copyright description.
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

aria1121 wrote:Then do we have to search the WHOLE INTERNET for it's copyright? I don't think so!
Unfortunately a U.S. court wouldn't agree with you. You have to assume everything is copyrighted unless you know it is not. If you have a MIDI file of a current song, you know it is copyrighted without having to search anything. If you have a MIDI file that you didn't prepare, you know it is copyrighted without having to search anything. That doesn't mean the copyright owner will enforce their copyright, but they could. Annoying for sure, but not difficult.
Jim Henry
aria1121

Post by aria1121 »

But it's harder to know on older songs. I have some MIDI's I made from a pack of stencils - by Duvernoy, I really like to share but don't know if I can upload them.
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

Is this Jean-Baptiste Duvernoy (1802 – 1880)? So far so good, obviously composed before 1923. Composer copyright has lapsed.

What are stencils? Perforated rolls, sheets, or cards for playing a mechanical instrument? I see why you could be concerned there. Did the stencil provide an arrangement that is clearly different from the music as originally published? If the stencil isn't obviously new and if there is no information printed on the stencil to give you a clue as to the creator or dates, then I think you might have to treat it in whatever way seems reasonable regarding a possible arranger copyright.

You created the MIDI? Good, you hold the MIDI arranger's copyright and you can license the file as you choose if the composer and arranger copyrights are clear.

Hope that helps.
Jim Henry
tygrysek

Post by tygrysek »

Hello Could you send me this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv_q20nz ... re=related
thx anyway
aria1121

Post by aria1121 »

Read the forum rules (pink box above) or read this whole topic to understand why it is illegal to share a MIDI of a copyrighted song.
thecoffeecan

Post by thecoffeecan »

ok... I have some copyright-related questions:

What if I created a MIDI file of a recent song? Would that be copyright infringement?
Then what if it is a new rendition/remix (maybe a piano version)? Is it still under copyright?

just askin. :?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Creating it for personal use is (always) fine.

Posting it for others to download is infringement for both of those cases unless you acquire an appropriate license and distribute the files correctly under those terms.
thecoffeecan

Post by thecoffeecan »

oh.. looks like I have to keep these files for myself.
bummer.. :(
sarahleanneg

Post by sarahleanneg »

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum! Haha. But I am looking for the following midi files;
Taylor Swift [enchanted]
Taylor Swift [you're not sorry]
Taylor Swift [white horse]
thecoffeecan

Post by thecoffeecan »

sarah, I think those midis won't be posted here due to copyright concerns. Though, you can look for it all over the net or request someone to sequence it for you.. (maybe I'll do someday, when I have the time)