Black MIDI Group

Share your original or public domain compositions here!
Request popular music with the suggestion form on the music store, not here!

All MIDI attachments must be one of the following:
  • Your own, original work submitted under some license that permits free private use (I recommend public domain or Creative Commons).
  • Adapted from works created prior to 1923. This goes for both the composition and arrangement. This means you cannot post MIDI versions of recent songs.
Gingeas

Post by Gingeas »

techguy101 wrote:well i was finally able to open The Anti-Chrolobenze 8.1 million an thanks for making midis opening faster :P
Yeah, my friend was able to do that too; pretty awesome haha. Back then, to play big MIDIs like Two-Faced Lovers 15 million, we had to split the MIDI up, play them separately, and then edit the videos together! Interesting times.
techguy101

Post by techguy101 »

the black midi team has kidnapped Nicholas looool.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

We've got some tests up and running from the video creator and the perfect 1080p60 output is looking pretty good.

There's still some more work to do (large renders don't work if your screen resolution is too small, audio isn't up and running yet, etc.), but we''ll have something cool to show soon.
RetroUniversalHT

Post by RetroUniversalHT »

Hey Nicholas, you've probably sen my videos on YouTube and how much Synthesia is a success for me and my friends. But I have one question about older and newer versions of Synthesia. Is there anyway to make the notes strech out even longer than they're suppose to?
Thanks man, you're the best
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Do you mean beyond the limits of the Page Up/Down stretching controls?

What did you have in mind? Out of curiosity, what are you trying to do that they need to be even longer?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Here are some early results from the Synthesia Video Creator. How is this for "no lag"? :lol:

monkel

Post by monkel »

Ouch - just in time for Halloween - that'll scare the kids away ... :)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yeah... it's not my scene, but there is interest in their community to find the tool that can handle the most outrageously "complex" songs. While the core audience for the video creator are people like instructors that want to produce hybrid video lessons that incorporate Synthesia footage, the offline-rendering nature of the tool makes it ideal for this type of thing, too.

Now they won't have to go to great lengths (like recording hours of video with Synthesia at 1% speed, followed by a 100x speed increase in a video editor later) to get smooth, "no lag" results.
monkel

Post by monkel »

There's definitely technical and even visual appeal there. Still it feels like I need to have to run two hours of Frère Jacques afterwards to clean out the system ... :D