Midi editor showing partitures in Synthesia

Share your original or public domain compositions here!
Request popular music with the suggestion form on the music store, not here!

All MIDI attachments must be one of the following:
  • Your own, original work submitted under some license that permits free private use (I recommend public domain or Creative Commons).
  • Adapted from works created prior to 1923. This goes for both the composition and arrangement. This means you cannot post MIDI versions of recent songs.
Rido

Post by Rido »

I know other people asked about a MIDI editor in the forum before, but my question is little bit different and I didn't want to resurrect a post.

My point is that I get some MIDI files to play in synthesia but I can't see the partitures neither play the practice mode. I was looking for a MIDI editor, free, that let me create my own MIDIs that will let me play the practice mode and see the partitures (basically I want to copy some partitures I bought).

Are all the MIDI editors able to do this or I need something concrete or a concrete option?? Obviously I am totally newbie.

Regards.
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

I am unfamiliar with the term "partitures". From a quick internet search I see that it is the plural of "partitura" but I am not familiar with the singular either. What I gather is that a "partitura" is the sheet music for one instrument in an ensemble. Presumably then "partitures" would be the collection of all the sheet music for the ensemble. So is your issue that you want to collect all these "partitures" into a single MIDI file so you can practice your part while the others parts are played by Synthesia?

If I have the question right, then the answer is Yes.

MuseScore is a free music editor that can do that. In very broad terms what you will do is create a score that has all the instrument parts in it. This would be the conductors score. Here is an answer to a question about partiture in the MuseScore forum:
I don't really understand your question, perhaps because of the language difference ("partiture" is not an English word...). I suspect you are actually talking about score and parts, but I still can't quite tell what you are asking. So I'll try to answer generally. A "score" is the music for all instruments, with one staff for each instrument. It is what a composer creates, and what a conductor reads from. A "part" is the music for just one instrument, traditionally created from the score by copying the contents of each staff to a new sheet of paper. MuseScore does this for you automatically via File / Parts. Maybe that is what you are looking for?
MuseScore can also create a MIDI file from the score. For the purposes of Synthesia 11, MuseScore can also create MusicXML.

We all started as newbies and asked questions to move on from there.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
Rido

Post by Rido »

I think your answer fit my question so thank you. And yes, forget about partitura, latin languages... It was sheet.

Thanks!