2 colors in free play mode

Collaborate with other modders to make Synthesia the way you want it.
Always the latest versions: [ colors.xml | ui.xml ]
Read the Getting Started topic to learn how important it is to MERGE YOUR CHANGES every time you download a new dev preview.
Ton2as

Post by Ton2as »

Hi! Can I assign one color (e.g., green) from C4 to C8, and another (let's say, blue) from B3 down to A1 in the free play mode?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I've heard a request like this a few times and being able to choose a split point does sound like a good idea. Other variations include being able to choose instruments independently for each hand.

I don't have a time estimate for when it might be added, but it's on the list now.
Ton2as

Post by Ton2as »

Thank you, Nicholas! I've tried launching another instance of Synthesia with Sandboxie, but as I teach online piano lessons integrating Synthesia into OBS Studio, OBS does not allow me to capture any video or images from Sandboxie. I also tried Dxory, with no better results. This would be very useful for us, piano teachers, considering that many people are using Synthesia for their YouTube piano tutorials. I've seen many videos where this can be achieved (like this one: https://youtu.be/LmKUfvWjASs), but I believe it was first recorded on MIDI, then opened with Synthesia (where you can choose the colors for each hand), and finally edited with some software like Adobe After Effects or similar. I hope someday this feature will be available.

Thanks again for your answer.

Gastón.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Ton2as wrote: 10-01-20 11:49 am... but I believe it was first recorded on MIDI, then opened with Synthesia (where you can choose the colors for each hand), and finally edited with some software like Adobe After Effects or similar.
That is exactly how those types of videos are created.

The initial MIDI recording is done at the same time as a camcorder records their hands on a piano. Then the playback in Synthesia is captured separately, afterward. Finally, video editing software is used to composite them together.