The falling notes and the background screen

Collaborate with other modders to make Synthesia the way you want it.
Always the latest versions: [ colors.xml | ui.xml ]
Read the Getting Started topic to learn how important it is to MERGE YOUR CHANGES every time you download a new dev preview.
Korados

Post by Korados »

Hello Nicholas,

thank you very much for fixing the Xmls. There is another question I have:

Is it possible to recolor the falling notes by now? I didn't found something like this in the files. Although I recolored
the background lighter, the note colors are the same and it looks kind of awkward when the notes are darker then
the background. But as I was pretty confused that the background screen color is the same in the new crystal blue theme
because I think it's too dark and should match the overall colors. For example, I used this color:

This color is called RAL DESIGN 290 50 20. The RGB values are 117, 116, 149.

It's a shade of gray with a touch of blue to match the theme.

Thank you for your answer!

Regards
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

(I just shimmied this over to the Modding forum: this is where I'm hoping to keep this kind of discussion.)

Today, for ancient technical/efficiency reasons, the colors for the notes are baked right into the texture. So there isn't any easy way to change them.

That said, one of my 8.4 tasks is to rebuild the textures for the notes and keyboard (mostly for retina support on the iPad but also to dust them off because they're starting to look pretty dated).

I haven't decided on the scope of that work yet. I have been thinking about breaking things apart so the notes could use variable coloring, but things are coming down to the wire in my schedule. I might have to push it off a little while longer.

In any event, something will be changing with the keys and notes before the official 8.4 release... I just don't know what yet. ;)
gorillamotors

Post by gorillamotors »

Is there a way to only see the right hand or left hand falling notes at a time. Having both is sometimes a distractor. Maybe adding a clear or no color option?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

If you control the song's settings from the Advanced view, you can show/hide (and even mute/play) parts individually. You can switch to the Advanced song setup view by clicking the "Show Advanced" button at the top-left of the screen just before the song plays.