Recolouring the falling notes

Collaborate with other modders to make Synthesia the way you want it.
Always the latest versions: [ colors.xml | ui.xml ]
Read the Getting Started topic to learn how important it is to MERGE YOUR CHANGES every time you download a new dev preview.
Chompy

Post by Chompy »

I tried to make the notes in a rainbow spectrum, like you did once, but it crashed the development preview game. :?

Falling notes that in a rainbow spectrum from left to right, like a scale (red orange yellow green blue indigo violet) with all the hues and shades/saturation/value (value is to make it brighter or darker, saturation can be tuned to create black/white notes or over-colourful ones. Hue goes in an order that as such, when you press the keys on the keyboard, or when the falling notes are generated, they appear in rainbow, just like you have done, and it's smashing how you did it!) :D

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? You said that it was something to do with UI xml. :?:

I'd like a tutorial on how you did it on here, so that I may copy the text and save it into a .TXT file, for me to view at anytime. That way, I can open the TXT file, and then view your tutorial steps on how to do rainbow coloured notes like I described above. There must also be a spectrum button, for displaying the different hues of rainbow, so when you click it, the instrument panels (where the instrument colours are), will change colour, just like a real rainbow. 8-)

When you want to revert from rainbow to original colours, just drag the Reset lightning bolt/or select another colour. This should revert them to the normal colours. ;)

Alpha would be good, especially if you want to lessen the impact on your eyes. :shock:
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I'm guessing you're talking about the video here?

That was just a temporary technology demo to show that the six color limit had been lifted. That isn't possible in any available version of Synthesia, modded or not. (Eventually it's something we'd like to add though.)