Show Key Labels ONLY When Key is Pressed

Collaborate with other modders to make Synthesia the way you want it.
Always the latest versions: [ colors.xml | ui.xml ]
Read the Getting Started topic to learn how important it is to MERGE YOUR CHANGES every time you download a new dev preview.
mjwalker

Post by mjwalker »

Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to mod Synthesia so that the notes are only shown on the keyboard when the specific key/s are pressed? Right now, having all of them at once is a bit cluttered and distracting.

It would be great if we had something like THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t79QvigfvnU

I want to use the same software PianoForAll uses to teach others to play piano! I'd be willing to pay $50-$100 for something that looks just like what he uses.
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

you can do this in freeplay mode on Synthesia but you 'll have all the notes of the same colors hability to split the keyboard (colours) is a feature i have siggested too and i would love to see it :)

Nicholas you can add an icon to the top right (the same has custom hand assignement.)
It 'll give some more colours to the freeplay mode ^^
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Is this very different than only showing the labels on the falling notes?

Or, showing them on the keys with the "Only show for 'Played by Me' notes" enabled? That only shows labels for notes that are approaching the keyboard. It clears away a lot of the visual noise.
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Hum not understand all but i mean the left hand so the left part from the middle C is on one colour and the right part of the middle C is in another colour. All of this in freeplay mode.
Possible?