Catalan Language Support

Collaborate with other modders to make Synthesia the way you want it.
Always the latest versions: [ colors.xml | ui.xml ]
Read the Getting Started topic to learn how important it is to MERGE YOUR CHANGES every time you download a new dev preview.

Postby Xoco » 01-15-17 7:17 am

How can I translate Synthesia from spanish to catalan language?

Postby Nicholas » 01-15-17 6:24 pm

Community translations have come up a few times now, so I just went ahead and added a forum sticky on the subject, here. You can follow those instructions to add languages. :D

Postby Xoco » 01-16-17 7:29 am

Thanks for quickly reply!

But I would need the file language-es.xml. It is easier for me to translate from Spanish to Catalan than from English to Catalan.

Postby Nicholas » 01-17-17 12:45 am

Here's the Spanish translation from Synthesia 10.3.4096:

(42.88 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

Just drop that in the Synthesia data folder, choose Spanish inside the app, and then each time you make changes to the file you can just File -> Save, and then close/open Synthesia to update it with the changes.

Postby Xoco » 02-12-17 6:41 am

Synthesia 10.3.4091

Well, before start to translate I try edit language_es.xml for to see changes in app but to me doesn't work. I try with "language_es.xml" (underscore line) and with "language-es.xml (hyphen line*) but nothing happen.

I copy language_es.xml and languages.xml to synthesia.exe folder (program files (x86)\synthesia) and copy too colors.xml and ui.xml. I try too change some values from ui.xml like font size but nothing happen in Synthesia when I close and open again.

Obviously, if I add this line:
<language version="1" suffix="ca" code="ca-ES" display="Català" />

to languages.xml and I rename (or duplicate) language_es.xml to language_ca.xml or language-ca.xml nothing happens.

I need something more for use this modding tools?

Thank you in advance.

*In this topic viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8170 the examples are with hyphen:
Rename this file "language-[suffix].xml" using the suffix you picked above. (For French, the file should be named "language-fr.xml".)

Postby Xoco » 02-12-17 7:04 am

Now, reading this post viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6474 I copy all .xml modding files to "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Synthesia" and all works fine!

But I can't see special characters, I try to change the first line from language_ca.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode"?>

but nothing, any suggest?

Postby Xoco » 02-12-17 7:15 am

Solved the special characters problem, it was a WordPad issue saving file.

Edit .xml with Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for applications 2.0 work perfectly.

Return to Modding Synthesia