Community Translations

Collaborate with other modders to make Synthesia the way you want it.
Always the latest versions: [ colors.xml | ui.xml ]
Read the Getting Started topic to learn how important it is to MERGE YOUR CHANGES every time you download a new dev preview.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Adding additional user-interface languages to Synthesia is pretty straightforward. The language file format lacks good 3+ plural support but otherwise it's fairly flexible.

The following always match the latest development preview release from the Development Updates section of the forum.

languages.xml

This file controls the list of languages shown when you click the button at the lower-left on the title screen. Just copy-paste one of the existing lines edit it to suit the language you're adding. Remember the "suffix" value you set for the next file.

language.xml

Rename this file "language_[suffix].xml" using the suffix you picked above. (For example, the filename for the French language is "language_fr.xml".)

Now, just edit the contents of the file and replace all of the "v" attributes with new translations. Whenever you see something like "%1%" that means a value will be inserted automatically by Synthesia. Just be sure to keep the %1% where it belongs in the new translation.

Once you're finished, place both languages.xml and your new language_xx.xml file in the Synthesia data folder. (To find the folder, hold Shift while launching the app and click "Open Data Folder".)

The next time you launch Synthesia, your language should appear in the pop-up.
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Hi, I detected a possible error in the description of the text. Indicates that the beam is dragged to the top of the screen, when it is actually at the bottom. Attached image to make it clearer.
Spoiler:
1.jpg
1.jpg (69.65 KiB) Viewed 10333 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (49.57 KiB) Viewed 10333 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (23.88 KiB) Viewed 10333 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

That's a nice catch! It used to be at the top of the screen but was eventually moved to the bottom years ago. I'll get it updated in English and queue up the rest of the languages to update that line.
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Hello everyone !, I have finished the translation of Synthesia into Catalan. The developer of the program has told me that it will be included in the next Synthesia release. While it arrives, you can translate it by following these steps:

1- Hold down the Shift key while starting the Synthesia application
2- Click on the Open Data Folder button
3- We copy the two attached files in the previous folder
4- Open Synthesia and change the language in the main window

Greetings to all ! ;)
Attachments
language_cat.xml
Definitive translation, checked with version 10.6.5425 and 10.7.5491. Updated on 19-06-2020
(42.81 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
languages.xml
(952 Bytes) Downloaded 75 times