Loops

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
davemd

Post by davemd »

Hi All, I'm new to Synthesia. I'm having some difficulty setting up a loop. I understand that I first set it up in the timeline and then, as I understand it, I can fine tune the start, end and entire loop positions using the arrows below. Except that I can't. The first part, setting up on the timeline works ok but when it comes to fine tuning the arrow buttons have no effect at all. Am I missing something? Is there a tutorial on the subject somewhere that might help me.
Regards
David ;)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It's been three months, which is inexcusable. I am very sorry.

A guide on creating and editing loops is something I've wanted to create for a long time. Sorry (again) for the omission.

The "Fine-tune below" could be a lot clearer. The buttons are supposed to step/snap things one measure (or bookmark) at a time. But the best way to fine-tune the loop is to find the orange section in the left margin of the falling note area and then drag the line that begins or ends it. You can get very fine resolution loops that way around only a few notes.

If the buttons aren't doing anything at all, though, that sounds like a bug. I've heard it reported a few times, but it seems to depend on the song being played to some extent. Do you remember which song you had loaded when the buttons weren't working? Thanks!