Purchased songs are faulty

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
nezapos

Post by nezapos »

Hi. I'm trying to find an answer to this, but no luck so far. The non-existent support service doesn't help either. Two of the many songs I purchased a while ago sound so terrible that I can't play them. One song sounds like someone constantly smashes the bass keys with a fist from the third of the song till the end. The other song sounds very distorted like a faulty old record. Both of the songs have two versions and all of them are unplayable. Does anyone of smart heads here knows what I'm talking about by any chance? And how to repair this? It's only a few bucks but I want those songs :/ Thank you
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Hello, I have bought several, and I have not had a problem with any of them. Could you tell me the title of the songs? Thank you.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yeah, I'd be curious to hear more details, too. Which two songs are showing the trouble and which MIDI devices are you using as your output device in Synthesia?

If you've got a digital piano with only a handful of voices, you may be hearing the percussion track rendered as piano (which would definitely sound incorrect). If you output to the built-in MIDI synth instead, you should hear things as intended.
nezapos

Post by nezapos »

Gregor wrote: 10-16-20 10:23 am Hello, I have bought several, and I have not had a problem with any of them. Could you tell me the title of the songs? Thank you.
Hi. It's Rihanna - Diamonds, and soundtrack of Frozen. I wish I could record the sound and post it here
nezapos

Post by nezapos »

Nicholas wrote: 10-19-20 10:06 am Yeah, I'd be curious to hear more details, too. Which two songs are showing the trouble and which MIDI devices are you using as your output device in Synthesia?

If you've got a digital piano with only a handful of voices, you may be hearing the percussion track rendered as piano (which would definitely sound incorrect). If you output to the built-in MIDI synth instead, you should hear things as intended.
I don't know. I don't have any issues, with rest of the songs I purchased, playing on my piano.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

(Sorry for the 8 month wait.) :grimace:

If you're using a digital piano as an output device and it doesn't have a percussion voice, that would explain the "constantly smash[ing] the bass keys with a fist". If you disable the percussion track (see step #6), does it solve the problem?

I checked out "Let it Go", but didn't see anything that might make it sound distorted.