How was this done?

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Alan-bc

Post by Alan-bc »

I'd like to learn how to play a particular tune on a piano, and for a variety of reasons, doing so the conventional way (piano lessons, etc.) just isn't in the cards; I'm an old man and will be long gone before I get there.

Then I stumbled across the YouTube vid below and went "hmmmm".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BurAkwmqucE

But I'm not completely clear on what happens next. I think I need a midi file of the song, and one clearly exists .. the video exists .. but where does a guy find such a thing?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Alan
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Many of the YouTube authors seem to hold their source material pretty close to the vest. I suspect it's because they have a business interest in generating more "views" of their videos, which turns directly into revenue. If they made the MIDI files available, that would be too convenient and people could simply practice the songs on their own.

It's a long shot to try and contact one of them to ask. A better alternative is usually to find a site that offers MIDI files for sale directly. There are a few of them out there. One example is Yamaha's MusicSoft store. They've got a MIDI category there where you can purchase the songs directly.