Casio LK-s250 lighted keyboard

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
fmentiplay

Post by fmentiplay »

I am wanting to use my Synthesia software with a lighted keyboard. I live in Australia. The Yamahe lighted keyboard mentioned in the keyboard section of the Synthesia web site is not available in Australia.
I recently came across the Casio LK-S250 lighted keyboard which is available in Australia. The Casio LK-S250 has midi.
My question is will my Synthesia software work with the Casio LJ-S250 Lighted keyboard?? i.e I play a midi song from Sythesia and it will light up the appropriate keys on the Casio LK-S250 keyboard.
I have a registered copy of the Sythnesia software.
Any help much appreciated
Regards Frank
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It should. The LK-S250 uses a proprietary communication scheme for its lights that we had to do a bit of extra digging to reverse engineer. But we did, so you should just be able to choose "Proprietary 2" for the Settings --> Music Output --> Key Lights option.
fmentiplay

Post by fmentiplay »

Thank you for your quick reply. Encouraged by your comments I wii track down the Casio LK-S250 which I know is available in Australia, unless you know of another lighted keyboard that is available in Australia that is better suited to use with Synthesia.
Regards Frank