Practice just a range of measures?

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
rasiel

Post by rasiel »

This might be an easy one but I can't figure it out: I'd like to start practicing a piece but want to work on just a few measures. How do I mark out these ranges? Currently it starts on measure one and wants to go all the way to the end so the only way is to exit and "lose all progress" as far as point scoring, etc.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

If you set a bookmark at the measure you'd like to start practicing from, you can jump there (from anywhere in the song: the beginning or after you reach the stopping point) just by pressing '2' on your (typing) keyboard (assuming PC or Mac). That is the default shortcut binding to jump to the first bookmark. ('1' is always "jump to beginning of song" and then 2, 3, 4, etc. after that will step through the bookmarks.)

On Android and iPad, you can bind shortcuts to other things like "pedal + lowest piano key" from the Settings --> Shortcuts menu.

To automatically jump back to the beginning range, use the Loop feature. Both bookmarks and loops can be changed from the menu at the top-right.
rasiel

Post by rasiel »

Thank you so much! Gonna get to playing :-)