Hi+bug

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
trickybilly

Post by trickybilly »

Dear Forum,
I have bought Synthesia and I am very satisfied with the product. It's awesome. I sure will recommend it to everybody. :)
Unfortunately Synthesia 10.7.5567 somehow deleted my profile. I am the only one using the computer so no one could delete my profile. It is no big deal for me, but I guess it is better to report the bug. Screenshots:
https://ibb.co/PNVWbb6
https://ibb.co/B4yx9kQ
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, it looks like you may have suffered from the elusive data corruption bug and lost the contents of your users.xml file. I am very sorry! (Do you remember anything strange happening like a sudden loss of power while Synthesia was running? We've never quite been able to track down which types of situations this happens during.)

The good news is that all you have to do is recreate your profile name and all of the data from the other files (your progress, recently played songs, etc.) should automatically reconnect and show correctly again.
trickybilly

Post by trickybilly »

"Do you remember anything strange happening like a sudden loss of power while Synthesia was running?"
Yes. I switched off the electricity before Windows 10 could turn off regularly. Synthesia was running.

"The good news is that all you have to do is recreate your profile name and all of the data from the other files (your progress, recently played songs, etc.) should automatically reconnect and show correctly again."
Thank you, it worked :)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

We're slowly (over the next few updates) migrating over to a new way of storing our data files which should prevent problems like these in the future. In the meantime, Synthesia seems to be a bit delicate about having to be closed completely before the system shuts down.

Otherwise, I'm happy to hear that recreating your profile got things back up and running for you!
pyx

Post by pyx »

I hit the same issue when my computer restarted with Synthesia open. Unfortunately, I had not yet set up a profile yet, so I think all the state was lost in the anonymous case.