How is this possible? Live AR Piano Streaming.

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
TristanSynth

Post by TristanSynth »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohIVoqSeUw&t=17s

Does anyone have any idea how this can be accomplished? Any info or leads would be very much appreciated!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Initially I was going to say: "He doesn't appear to be interacting with the people on the other end of the live stream, so my guess is that they're simply pre-recorded/edited video clips being played back as though they were live."

But then I got to 5:28 and I stand corrected! :lol:

With a fixed camera position it wouldn't be hard to mock up a simple transparent overlay from a Synthesia-like effects app that has been skewed to match the live footage. At 7:05 he pretends to interact with the "fire", but always comes in from the left so his hand appears behind the overlay. If he came in from the right, you'd see the whole effect drawn right on top of his shoulder/arm and it would break the illusion.

Either way, it's good work and a lot of fun to watch.
TristanSynth

Post by TristanSynth »

Thanks for explaining Nicholas! I just figured out how to do this with Synthesia and OBS Studio. My question for you is, do you know of any visualizer/effects add-ons that have been created for your program? I like Synthesia, and have owned it for quite some time now, but I haven't been very successful in finding mods for the visualizer effects.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't anything like that available for Synthesia. All of the Rousseau-like videos you see on YouTube are using different (Synthesia-like) apps for their visualizations.