I dont understand the scoring

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
icuurd12b42

Post by icuurd12b42 »

So I don't understand the Practice Melody scoring. Every time I play a song my score gets better even if I play worst than last. it's like cumulative or something?

Play once, get 2/10
Play a second time, it climbs the 3, though I played worst
Play another time I do passable, better than last 2, it goes to 7... I'm pretty much dumbfounded. Pretty sure I did not hit 70% of the notes...

I just played chopstick with 2 mistakes and got a 3/10
Then 0 mistakes and got a 6/10
Then 4 mistakes and got 9/10
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Check the "Progress Breakdown" tab on the song setup screen. The line at the top: "Points are averaged across your best three attempts".

So for your first three plays (with each hand in each mode, or first nine attempts), you'll simply see a monotonically increasing score. After that it can get trickier to keep increasing it.
icuurd12b42

Post by icuurd12b42 »

Thanks for pointing out the stat's availability. I guess the play speed affect the score looking at it? 64% speed at 0 error and 75% at multiple errors sortof make the errors less?... It's the only way I can maybe see why
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Here is an older page that gives the formulas for the actual out-of-10000 points for Melody Practice.

Otherwise, for the "Progress Breakdown" tab, the criteria is shown right in the app in that little table.