Synthesia Music Store - More songs to be added?

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Pianotehead

Post by Pianotehead »

Hello everyone, haven't been here for a long time!

I just bought a bunch of MIDIs from the music store, because the ones I bought two years earlier, were quite good. However, I notice there seems there hasn't been anything added to the store since then, if I rely on my (human) volatile memory.

Which is a pity, because the prices of the MIDIs in the store, are very fair, and lower than elsewhere, for example on MusicNotes. Often they charge five or six dollars / euros per song, which is a bit more than I'd be willing to pay.

Are there any plans to add new MIDIs to the music store? Is the store monitored by Synthesia, or is it just an iniative of other individuals, not affiliated with Synthesia? In any case, I'd like to see more songs in the store, and I would buy them if they are songs I'd like to learn to play.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Welcome back and thanks for the positive feedback. :)

Now for the bad news: there aren't any near-term plans to add new songs, sorry!

The arrangements that are already in the store were done by a longtime friend of mine (that coincidentally had like a dozen years of music composition experience), but he has since gotten too busy to continue helping. Combine that with my inability to focus on more than one or two things at a time, and you have a recipe for a music store that hasn't seen any updates in something like 6(!) years now. :grimace:
Pianotehead

Post by Pianotehead »

Thanks for clarifying, I understand, and good to know.

Maybe I will brush up on my arrangement skills, and then post some MIDIs to the store. :D Well probably not, haven't even found the time myself to sit down in front of the piano because of other duties and preferences, though hoping that'll change in the near future.