Request of version with compatibility to Directx

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
MSQE

Post by MSQE »

Hello, I'm MSQE.
I request to Nicholas to make a compatibility version of support to directx, it can be 10.3, 10.5 or 10.8 Please

Sorry about my bad english :anxious:
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Welcome to the forums. (Your English is great!) :D
MSQE wrote: 08-18-22 10:04 pm... it can be 10.3, 10.5 or 10.8 Please
Did you mean we should go back and add a DirectX rendering backend to an older version of Synthesia? I usually try to keep moving forward so any new features (like a DirectX renderer) would only be applied to the newest version (10.9 or later) of the code.

Out of curiosity, why are you interested in DirectX support?
MSQE

Post by MSQE »

Hello. Because i'm using a Intel 2 Core Duo E700 Series processor, that not support OpenGl 2.0. It doesn't matter if it takes a long time.
Nicholas wrote: 08-18-22 11:58 pm Did you mean we should go back and add a DirectX rendering backend to an older version of Synthesia?
Yes, please

I'm actually using (and modifiying :D ) the version 10.2.0.3742. I'don like that it don't have the function of record tracks, not reading .mxml files and not show on all the screen the sheet. Also, one thing that i suggest, is to add custom colors like in this app: PFA
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISd4Lp74MGk

The guy who proggramed PFA uses only a pallete like the pallete that you can see in Paint. Is something easy... or not?
MSQE

Post by MSQE »

I have a question, i tried ti chage the texture of the notes in this program. Resource Tuner
I change the note texture (that is in bin. file) and... it works! Why not implement this, but in the configuration menú?

Prove of Functionality on the configuration of 88 keys with texture of square notes.
Attachments
Sin título2.png
Sin título2.png (101.56 KiB) Viewed 1914 times
MSQE

Post by MSQE »

I change the file in the list that is in blue for an simple white-square. And the result is the image that i attatched up there :)
You like it?

Sin título.png
Sin título.png (487 Bytes) Viewed 1913 times
Sin título2.png
Sin título2.png (150.5 KiB) Viewed 1913 times

I do the same withe the keyboard, but i cant define the exact position of the keys, that's what i don't put a image of it. :anxious:
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

MSQE wrote: 08-21-22 4:45 pmBecause i'm using a Intel 2 Core Duo E700 Series processor...
That is a rather old processor, although it doesn't have any integrated graphics so it's not the reason your computer doesn't support OpenGL 2.0. Do you know which graphics hardware your computer actually has? (Try going to Windows' Device Manager and looking in the "Display adapters" category.)

There is a chance it actually does support OpenGL 2.0. From your screenshot it looks like you're using Windows 10. Like the biggest paragraph here describes in more detail, there is actually a situation with old hardware and Windows 10 where you lose capabilities! Using an older OS like Windows 8.1 might actually add OpenGL 2.0 support, again, depending on your graphics adapter.
MSQE wrote: 08-21-22 4:45 pmThe guy who programmed PFA uses only a pallete like the pallete that you can see in Paint. Is something easy... or not?
I'm not the guy who programmed PFA. :lol:

Support for arbitrary note colors is something on the to-do list, but it's not coming before this list is completed.
MSQE wrote: 08-21-22 5:31 pmI change the note texture (that is in bin. file) and... it works! Why not implement this, but in the configuration menú?
Why not implement what? The ability to change textures? I suppose the eventual shape of that feature is a "Texture Pack" like Minecraft has. It's not a bad idea. It wouldn't take much effort to have Synthesia check the data folder for textures before trying to read the built-in ones...
MSQE wrote: 08-21-22 5:36 pmI do the same withe the keyboard, but i cant define the exact position of the keys...
The position of the keys in that particular texture is hard-coded inside the app. So they're always expected to be in the same place as in the original texture.
MSQE

Post by MSQE »

I try it all for updating the graphics but not have a good result. The computer originally was Win 7.

You will add this to your list? can you make a version of synthesia for users that dont have opengl 2.0? Please, much people will like it. Thanks.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

For unrelated reasons, I've been mulling over a new DirectX 11 backend recently. But if I added it (and I'm leaning toward not adding it), it would require a proper driver with full DX11 support. So that feature probably wouldn't help in your situation because that same driver, if it existed, would also provide OpenGL support, which it seems you are missing.

Otherwise, I don't expect to ever support DirectX 9 again. Too many things have changed in our code since it was removed six years ago to go back and spend that much effort on what is essentially a deprecated API. (Intel's new discrete GPUs have even removed support for DirectX from the hardware itself, relying on an extra emulation layer instead!)

Were you able to find out which graphics hardware your computer has from Device Manager's "Display adapters" list?
MSQE

Post by MSQE »

The screen adapter is Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset

Actually i have installed DX 12.
Another comentary is that i like the version 10.2.3742, for it's velocity and good performance. Thaks so much for doing Synthesia. I don't like any other.
Please do that i ask to you.