Revert Song Progress

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Melatonin

Post by Melatonin »

I am looking for a way to revert or reset song progress for a specific user only. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It's not easy to do today, sorry.

The "best" answer (which isn't very good) is to edit the scores.xml file and delete every line that contains that user's name. (With a command-line tool like grep, this isn't so bad, but it's still pretty clunky.)
Melatonin

Post by Melatonin »

With your direction, I managed to revert song progress as needed (edited the scores.xml, I just did it in a notepad). I had a more advanced child beating songs for another child. Thanks again!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Sorry again for the trouble. I'm happy to hear you were able to accomplish what you were hoping for though.

A faster (but sloppier) workaround in the future could be to "delete" the user and make a new one with a slightly different name--maybe with a number after it. (The delete button doesn't actually remove any data, it just kind of orphans it until you make a user with the exact same name again.)

Really, this sort of thing should be supported in the app as a first-class feature.