Kore player + Synthesia (tutorial)

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
phiktion

Post by phiktion »

Alright for those of you unfamiliar with Kore Player its a free version of Kore 2 that allows you to play various sound effects through your connected midi device.

Its pretty simple to setup, to start with head over to this URL: http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/ ... re-player/

1) Look for the download link and put in your email, it will send the file to you, its about 300 megs or so and once its downloaded install to your computer. Also in that email will be your serial key to register the free version of Kore player

2) Once its installed your going to have to activate it, there will be a check box at the end of the install to run the service this is where you will create an account and put in the serial key.

3) Having finished all that you should see the Kore player shortcut on your desktop open it up. Look at the top bar for "File" select audio and midi settings.

4) Under the tab Midi look for your connected device, now click the off to the on, its on the right just click till you get a drop down box.

5) Also select the output you want it to play through

6) Once finishing that head back to the main program, you will see on the bottom a list of various sounds, make sure you double click the sound you want or you will hear nothing if the sound isnt loading.

Now to use this with Synthesia you need to open the program goto keyboard setup disable the output in Synthesia so your not overlapping the keyboard sounds from both programs, you should now be using Kore players sounds, also I found my Synthesia sounds to be to low on my headphones so using Kore they are alot louder.
phiktion

Post by phiktion »

Also head here : http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/ ... kt-player/

Download the sound pack for more piano sounds and various other sounds, if I find another sound pack I'll let you know.

All you do is grab the sound pack, install it, Kore player will automatically detect it.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Those sound really good and are super low-latency!

There appears to be a VST plugin installed with Kore Player. It seems like using a virtual MIDI driver and a VST host, you could get it to work a little more native in the game (vs. having to turn off in-game sounds and just hear it in the background).
phiktion

Post by phiktion »

How would you go about getting it to work in game that would be great.
luckyluk

Post by luckyluk »

dont you have any problem with that? when i`m playing on kore player there is "noise" in the background:/