ExtraMidi - Something you should know about

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
tommai78101

Post by tommai78101 »

Warning: It is in Traditional Chinese. I believe you wouldn't understand much of it.

Go here: http://www.atlas-zone.com/software/detail/ExtraMidi.htm

JavaScript is blocking the download link, but you can click on it.

Anyway, a picture to help you on:

Step 1: Go and click on the link within the red circle.

Step 2: You should be able to extract it from a zip file. Go ahead and open the zip file.

Step 3: Extract the folder inside the zip file onto a place where you can find it in your computer.

Step 4: Open the folder containing the program for a software MIDI keyboard. Execute the program (It looks like a big red capital M, the smiley face is the placeholder for the custom hotkeys for each keys), and you should be able to play some music. If you can't play it, you need the msvbvm60.dll installed into Windows/system32 or Winnt/system32 folder, then reboot to play it.

Since your program has the almost same icon display, the happy two-faced drawing, yours is blue, while ExtraMIDI is in skin-colored and purple, you could edit the program.

I'm not sure if you are actually one of the ExtraPlayer programmers, but at least I want you to know about this, that's all.
Hardware Information: Windows Vista Home Premium SP1, 358MB Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100, Synthesia 0.7.1 preview r697, 2 GB DDRAM, 1.6 GHz Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2330, Acer Aspire 5720-4126
New Hardware Information: Windows 10 Pro, 2GB Nvidia GeForce 860M, 8GB RAM, 1.7GHz Core-i5 4210U, Alienware 13 R1.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hi, were you talking about the download icon on the Synthesia homepage compared to the "favicon" of the ExtraMidi site?
mac_logos.gif
mac_logos.gif (3.48 KiB) Viewed 6275 times
If you were, I'm just using the standard Mac software logo to denote which version of the program is being downloaded (vs. the Windows version). See this page to see what I mean:

http://developer.apple.com/softwarelice ... clogo.html

Otherwise, I wasn't aware of the ExtraMidi project.
tommai78101

Post by tommai78101 »

Well, that totally tells me about the "favicon".

As for the software keyboard you're working on, I was suggesting if you could use the "MIDI tones list" ExtraMIDI uses?
Hardware Information: Windows Vista Home Premium SP1, 358MB Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100, Synthesia 0.7.1 preview r697, 2 GB DDRAM, 1.6 GHz Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2330, Acer Aspire 5720-4126
New Hardware Information: Windows 10 Pro, 2GB Nvidia GeForce 860M, 8GB RAM, 1.7GHz Core-i5 4210U, Alienware 13 R1.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

You mean changing the instrument for a given track? I've been thinking about that for a while. It's a little harder than it sounds because the game would have to search through the whole song and find places where that instrument is used (on that "channel") and change it everywhere... but it's still not too bad.

It's definitely on my list.
tommai78101

Post by tommai78101 »

Hope it is easier than thought.