Buy learning pack

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
israelfg

Post by israelfg »

I was thinking of buying it but I find it a little bit expensive for me. Is there any time that is better or a discount code?

Thanks!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The iPad version is only a few dollars for all the Learning Pack features, if you happen to have an iPad.

Otherwise, the current sale is about as low as it gets on the desktop. The only time it's even less is around Black Friday each year.
israelfg

Post by israelfg »

I dont have an iPad but the price difference between the desktop version and iPad version is huge. I've to think if it worth buying at the current price.

Thanks!
israelfg

Post by israelfg »

I finally bought it. ;)
topaz

Post by topaz »

How do you add the learning pack to the ipad version?
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

On the iPad you get the free limited version from iTunes, which has all features enabled but is limited to about a dozen (?) included MIDI files. Then you buy the unlimited version that can use any MIDI file with an in-app purchase.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
topaz

Post by topaz »

Hi Jim

I have the unlocked version but do not see any learning pack ?

I see a folder called scale exercises, thats not the learning pack is it ?
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

On the iPad, I think "Learning Pack" is a bit of a misnomer. On the desktop, the "Learning Pack" gives you the Melody Practice mode and some of the other features that are more useful for learning rather than playing. (One could argue that ALL of Synthesia is for learning and that once you've learned you should be playing without Synthesia. Whatever.)

On the iPad, you always have all the program features including the "learning" features. The iPad purchase gives you more repertoire. You should have Scale Exercises and the G Major graded pieces. A few of those can be played in the free iPad version. All of them can be played after purchase plus just about any other MIDI file you have. There is no tutorial material or feature in any version of Synthesia (unless you consider finger hints or note names to be tutorial).
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
topaz

Post by topaz »

ok cheers Jim, that explains things. :D
strafer

Post by strafer »

I plan on getting a new computer in the next year or 2. Will I have to purchase Synthesia again or is it a one download thing.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It is a one-time purchase. The unlock code you receive now will also work on your new computer without any trouble.
jeeradate

Post by jeeradate »

Nicholas wrote:The iPad version is only a few dollars for all the Learning Pack features, if you happen to have an iPad.

Otherwise, the current sale is about as low as it gets on the desktop. The only time it's even less is around Black Friday each year.
I am look forward for Black Friday. How can I get notify of the discount of the learning pack for PC ?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

For that particular sale, it's just a matter of showing up on that day. It will be discounted the full 24-hour period (starting midnight EST / GMT-5) that entire day.

For other sales, the only way to know for sure is to check back to the site often.
JimmyZ

Post by JimmyZ »

will there be a discount for the iPad version on black Friday?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

You just reminded me, actually. Yeah, I just set up a price change for the 29th to drop it by a dollar.
JimmyZ

Post by JimmyZ »

Okay, for that one dollar, I'll wait :oops: