Overlapping notes

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
silvrica

Post by silvrica »

Hi

I have a question

Let's say that I have the same note played by different instrument (both in different color). How can I control the instrument that overlaps the other one. Foe example, If one instrument is blue and the other is red and Synthesia overlaps the blue one on top of the red one. What can I do to see the red one overlapping the blue one. I tried interchanging the channels in a midi editor, but nothing happens.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Today the way ordering is done follows very simple rules: user-played notes are drawn on top of background notes. Beyond that the order isn't really adjustable (outside of some very low-level MIDI file modifications).

This doesn't solve the problem when you're playing more than one part and those overlap, unfortunately.

It's definitely an open question. Short of manually ordering the layers, do you have any suggestions on how to improve things? Maybe a slightly offset note so you can see both at the same time?
silvrica

Post by silvrica »

It could be a different color. No red, No blue. In thist way you know both instruments need to play the note. The offset issue could be a distractor.