Installing Metadata editor on W7

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
trevordavies

Post by trevordavies »

I have downloaded metadata editor (so hard to find) on a windows 7 machine. When I click 'run' it gives a message:

To run this application you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET framework:
v4.0.30319
Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET framework

I have also installed full version of Synthesia.

Any advice please?

Thanks
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

You can grab the .NET Framework from either Windows Update (maybe in the "Optional Updates" section?) or directly from Microsoft, here.

The metadata editor is written in C# which requires that runtime. Later versions of Windows have it installed by default. Sorry for the inconvenience.
trevordavies

Post by trevordavies »

I have restarted the computer and metadata now opens. I am pleased to see it is far easier to use in Windows than in Mac OS. Synthesia seems to have forgotten that I entered the code for the full version.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

trevordavies wrote:Synthesia seems to have forgotten that I entered the code for the full version.
Hrm, did you lose any other data? That's strange. Let me know if you have any other trouble like that.