How to transfer in app purchase?

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
john0611

Post by john0611 »

Hi! Is there a way to transfer in app purchase to android? I have already downloaded the full version on ios and my mom doesn't want to buy another copy of the same thing. If you need the reciept, just email jmvillaber0611@gmail.com/magracev@gmail.com

Thanks! :D
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Unfortunately, no. Our goal was one unlock that works everywhere, but Apple's rules prevent it.

In a nutshell, their guidelines say:
  • If it can be unlocked inside the app, it must use the App Store. (So they can get their 30% cut.)
  • If the unlock provides value outside the app, it must not use the App Store. (So they aren't liable for things they can't refund.)
So, an unlock from the website works on PC/Mac/Android.
In-app on Android works in Android (with a button to turn it into a "full" unlock just by paying the difference).
In-app on iPad works on iPad.

Sorry for the inconvenience! If it were up to us, we'd allow it, but Apple won't let us.
john0611

Post by john0611 »

So apple doesn't allow transfer? Ok, but thanks for clearing it up! :)
lucas13garcia

Post by lucas13garcia »

Hello, I've got a similar issue here.

I've recently bought the unlocked version on my android phone and there are two options to do that within the app (with no specification on possible limitations if someone decides for one or another): through Google Play Store or through Synthesia's website. As Google already has all my payment info, it's completely understandable, that someone would choose this option, especially because there ain't no clarification on its differences. On the contrary, everything seems to result in the same thing, the unlocked version through.

However, now that I'm trying to use Synthesia on my PC (Windows 10), I realized that I don't have any login info that qualifies me to the unlocked version OR a key to let the software know that, only an order # that Google sent me.

I understand the possible issues that I transfer from iOS to Android might have, but don't see this happening to the PC version as there is no "Microsoft store" to regulate on a "cross-buy". Please, can someone help me with that? Thx!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

You can apply the full purchase price of your Android unlock toward a website unlock. Try this:

1. Launch Synthesia on your Android device.
2. Go to Settings -> Unlock Synthesia.
3. Tap the "Claim my Discount" button.

That should take you to a special page on the website that validates your Google Play purchase (automatically). Once validated, if you visit the purchase page, it will take $9 off the price. (In effect, the most you can ever spend for Synthesia on PC/Mac/Android is just the $29 website unlock price. Going the Android route first just means it takes two separate transactions to get there.)