Can't Find World Rankings

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Tarper

Post by Tarper »

Hello,

I haven't used Synthesia for several years, and just reinstalled it. I was sad that I couldn't find global ranking, or any scores to compare to beside my own. Was the ranking feature taken away or is there some trick to see rankings?

Thanks
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Sadly, the load of millions of scores being submitted to our little website eventually made the scoreboards collapse in on themselves. You'd try to load the page for a particular song and it would take 10+ seconds (and bog things down for everyone else).

Re-engineering that would have taken a fair bit of work and the current scoring algorithm is already on the chopping block. We're planning to change things in Synthesia 12 to a per-measure based progress tracking scheme (for a variety of reasons). So any scoreboard re-engineering work for the current system would have been wasted.

In lieu of a better answer, the best we could do was just take the scoreboards down for now. Sorry!
Tarper

Post by Tarper »

Ah, ok, that's too bad, though I suppose it makes sense and speaks well to the popularity of the program. I hope a reasonable solution presents itself. For what it's worth I still like the program anyway. Thanks for letting me know