Synthesia Video Creator - how to reduce noise and add reverb

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
dken

Post by dken »

Hello,

Do you have idea how to reduce noise which is created during exporting video in Synthesia video creator? I've used some tool to reduce noise in my Video Editor program, but it's still heard.

Here is example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIvd-MIkCHI

In synthesia game noise is not heard....

I use SGM-V2.01 sound.

Second question is how te edit instrument in SGM-V2.01 to add some reverb?

Greetings
Darek
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Poor-quality MIDI synths seem to be a bit of a pervasive issue. Under the hood, the video creator is actually using the same synth as the Android version of Synthesia. It leaves a lot to be desired. (It is telling that the longest answer on our FAQ is about working around a different awful MIDI synth.)

I was coincidentally talking to a company earlier today that makes a better synth. I'm going to take a look to see if it can handle Synthesia's needs. With any luck, we'll be able to use it to replace the awful/broken Windows, Android, and Video Creator synths. That would solve this problem outright, drop the number of support emails we receive, and let us remove that FAQ entry. (It also includes support for reverb and other effects, so that would come along automatically.)

Bad synths make Synthesia a lot less turn-key than it should be. You guys are interested in learning how to play piano (or create videos); not in trying to diagnose and fix problems with synths.

(This answer is more for the main Synthesia app. The best answer for the Video Creator would be something like VSTi support so you could use any number of professional sound packages. That's on the horizon, but not quite yet.)
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

Did not check the video creator yet, are following options possible?
-video render both, video and audio (needed only for reference later)
-video render video only, no audio

Thus in a single step you would get two files as export. Then you could import both in a video editor or a DAW like Reaper, adding the original midi there using any vsti/synths you prefer instead, render video again with improved sound. I thought of the video only option in case someone has no Reaper and wants to use a command line mixer.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

There is just video+audio and plain audio. (Although, it's trivial in any video editor to strip the audio.)

And a goal for a future update will be proper VSTi support so you won't need to do a bunch of post-processing later.
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

I would not waste time dealing with vsti stuff, as long as there is Reaper.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

But Reaper is just your VSTi host in that case with a lot of extra steps to get something done (requiring a separate video editor to stitch the audio and video back together). By adding VSTi support directly to the video creator, you get the highest quality sound, no extra required software, and no extra steps. It's all very turn-key. One button click, really. ;)
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

Reaper can mix and export video as well. Only Reaper is enough. And your added vsti support will not have same power as Reaper I guess, so not same mixing capabilities. But no problem, of course you can develop vsti support, just wanted to give a hint why I would not use it if I want best sound options. Most people will just take any high quality piano vsti, so for such 'one step cases' your solution would be good enough.