How to Mute Synthesia?

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
fluffyoreo

Post by fluffyoreo »

I have a smart piano (The One Piano) so the keys light up when connected to any Midi App. I want the keys to light up but I want to play and only hear my piano, as in, I only want to be able to hear the keys I press. Right now, I hear both the music from the Synthesia app AND the keys that I play. I want to mute the sound from the app. How can I do that?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Settings --> choose your keyboard from the Music Output list --> disable "My Notes", "Background Notes", and "Percussion".

(And make sure "Key Lights" is set to "Proprietary 1" near the bottom of the list.)
lucoot

Post by lucoot »

I get a subtle sustain sound when pressing keys while paused. My work-flow is to pause at a certain area, read the music and drill it over and over while paused. I do not get this sustain-like sound when in a menu, or before the song starts. The sustain goes away if I turn off "Background Instruments", but then I cannot listen to the music at all before I pause it and start my practice. If I turn on Prevent Local Notes, it makes the effect much worse.

Device: Generic
Piano: Yamaha P115
Synthesia: 10.4
Mode: Watch/Play Along
Settings: Background Instruments: Enabled

Thanks so much!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Can you also make the sustain effect go away by changing Settings --> Advanced --> Pedal Messages to "Filtered-out"?

That will help narrow down what might be going wrong. I'm guessing the MIDI song you're using happens to include pedal messages on the same channels you're playing. That option will prevent those from being sent out.