Integrating Synthesia Into The ProtoJay

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
ProtoJayProductions

Post by ProtoJayProductions »

Hello! My name is Ayinde Hall, and my business partner Franz Guanio and I are producing a new electric piano called the ProtoJay. I can't disclose a lot of information about the project yet, but we were hoping that we could somehow integrate the synthesia software into our piano's operating system. The selling point for our product is combining visual music learning methods (synthesia) with traditional music learning methods (sheet music) into one system where you can access both without the use of external hardware or software. Personally, I have been a long time fan of synthesia because i learned a lot easier using it than solely reading sheet music, and I'm glad to see the software continuing to evolve. We will be starting a kickstarter soon to fund a prototype, but I wanted to reach out to you guys first before we get too far into things and get your thoughts on some sort of partnership in the future! If you'd like to contact us more privately our email is theprotojayproject@gmail.com
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

We've done a few hardware integrations in the past for things like specific key lighting communication schemes, so it's something we're amenable to. That said, supporting another (especially closed) platform is a pretty big ask.

Doing all that work up front for an unproven, secret product that doesn't exist yet is pretty far outside my comfort zone. Once it ships, I'd be happy to take a second look though.
ProtoJayProductions

Post by ProtoJayProductions »

Hey that's great! Good to hear from you. Yeah we definitely wouldn't want you guys to blindly partner up with us on the integration. We're currently working on a prototype, and I can disclose more info once we get our patent. But for the time being it's just nice to know you guys would be willing to take a shot at it perhaps! I'll post the link to our kickstarter once that's up and running.