Cannot change username??

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Chompy

Post by Chompy »

I go to my profile account settings, and my username is in bold, and is unchangeable. Why does the site do that?? :?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It looks like I'm able to change it in the admin section of the site. Was there a particular name you wanted to use instead? (I think it's disabled by the board in general so that it doesn't get very confusing who you're talking to; if people were able to change their name at-will, it might be hard to keep track of who is who.)
Chompy

Post by Chompy »

I just wanted to change it to Chompy. Thats all. :D There should be an option in the forums to change username at the profile settings. :idea: ;)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Updated! Welcome, Chompy. :lol:

(It looks like you already had another forum account with that name reserved. I swapped the two, so now your account with zero posts is "Zac" and your account with 108 posts is "Chompy".)
Chompy

Post by Chompy »

There should be an option to change your username in the profile setting, rather than leaving it bold, like years ago.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

You may be thinking of a different website. Since the launch of the Synthesia forums 11 years ago (sheesh), it's been running phpBB 3.0, with only minor updates applied along the way. (I've even avoided 3.1 because it's incompatible with our spam plugin and I'm not sure I'd be able to keep the forum running in the face of hundreds of spam attempts every day if that wasn't doing its job anymore.)

So, to the best of my knowledge, you haven't ever been able to change your forum account name here. And in those 11 years, I think I've heard a request to change a name twice now, including yours. :D