Synthesia on PC with no lag Asio4All

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
tiagolr

Post by tiagolr »

1 - Set Synthesia output to the default MS Wavetable synth
2 - On device options turn Off "Use this device for: My Notes"
3 - Open a daw (cubase, ableton etc), set the output to Asio4All, load an arm any Piano VST

Thats it, now the piano sound will come with no lag from the DAW and the other instruments will play from MS Wavetable.
Alternatively set synthesia to VirtualMidiSynth https://www.synthesiagame.com/support/faq#better_synth

I wish I had figured this a long time ago, let me know if it is a repost
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The upcoming Synthesia 10.5 update already has one foot out the door and finally includes its own, nice, low-latency synth (using the same technology behind VritualMIDISynth) so in a few days (hopefully), there should be zero steps to getting nearly the lowest possible latency from a software synth.
revilo2

Post by revilo2 »

With windows 7 ? with any VST ?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It should work on Windows 7.

The synth is built-in, so it doesn't use VST instruments. But, if that is your preference, you could also install one of the free virtual MIDI loopback drivers (like LoopBe1 or loopMIDI) and send Synthesia's output to your favorite DAW or VSTi directly.
tiagolr

Post by tiagolr »

Thats good to know, meanwhile this method may help others struggling with latency issues on PC, no need for complicated installs or routing.
It works seamless here, no lag, any sound for the user keyboard (using omnisphere here), also great for jamming in Watch and Listen Only mode.