Couple of questions on Synthesia functionality

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
xsenna

Post by xsenna »

Hello, I have been using Synthesia for quite some time, and it's a great tool for casual piano learning. You're doing a great job!

As I am starting to get into longer pieces and my library starts to grow, I have a couple of questions:

1 - I am beginning to use loops for learning larger pieces. Is there any way to save loops? I know that the last loop is saved automatically, but if I want to split the piece into a couple of loops and train them separately, is there a way to have 3-4 loops saved per song? I guess one option would be to cut the piece in separate midi files, but for that I would need a separate tool.

2 - As my library start to grow, it becomes a bit untidy with all the downloaded songs in a long list. Is there a way to organize the downloaded songs in folders in Synthesia? It would be great if Synthesia would keep the folder structure of my /music/ directory, but any other option is also good.

3 - Not on Synthesia functionality per se, but I am almost finished with the "Medium" pieces in Synthesia, and starting "Hard". I still find the finger hints very useful. Question - how and where can I find more piano midi files with finger hints? It seems such a basic learning need, but as so many things in piano learning, it's very difficult to obtain :(
monkel

Post by monkel »

1) Currently there is no way to work with more than one loop, but there's two functions you might find helpful:
a) You can disable a loop without deleting it (see settings - shortcuts) and can come back to it later.
b) You can set custom bookmarks (the location symbol, third from the right, e. g. at the beginning of each new part) and then use (configurable) shortcuts to jump forward / backwards between bookmarks, basically manual loops.

3) Songs with fingering are available in the Synthesia Store: https://www.synthesiagame.com/store
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

2) At the top level of the song list, there should be an "All Songs (grouped by folder)" entry in orange. That will show the list arranged in the same folder structure you have on disk.