Motor neuron issues and Synthesia

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Chompy

Post by Chompy »

When I play Synthesia, I usually end up with more mistakes than usual, even on the simplest songs. This is because my hands have fine motor issues, and this makes playing piano a little difficult. Touchscreens? Even harder. Maybe there could be a sensitivity option? :idea:

I don't have Parkinsons. Some people are born with slight motor issues in their hands. :!:
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Chompy wrote:Maybe there could be a sensitivity option?
What would that option do? How would changing it affect Synthesia's behavior?
Chompy

Post by Chompy »

It adjusts how responsive the touchscreen or controller is to being pressed. 100 is sensitive, 0 is not sensitive.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

... and what would "not sensitive" look like? Would you have to hold the key longer? Would it not respond as fast? I'm still a little fuzzy on what you mean.
Chompy

Post by Chompy »

It means it would not respond as fast. By default, this would be set at 100%. At 0, it would take quite a long while to respond. This delays the initial message time from the input device, like a keyboard on a Mac or PC. That is what a sensitivity option is. Also, touchscreen sensitivity for mobile devices works by making the input less responsive (hold longer on the screen) the closer it is to 0.