Update on IOS

Have questions? Just saying hello? This is the place.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
trevordavies

Post by trevordavies »

Hi Nicholas. I have a student using Synthesia on iPad. She clearly has an older version (e.g. the notation symbol is missing from the top menu bar) but the app store does not indicate an available update. Also the metadata is missing from the files I have prepared for her. Would it be an idea to delete/reinstall?
Cheers, Trevor
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Is there a gear icon menu there instead of the notation icon? It may be an especially new version!

We recently added the ability to toggle the falling notes and sheet music on and off independently and tucked it into a new pop-up menu. Best of all: if you hide the falling notes, the sheet music switches to full-screen mode.

There are still some rough edges in full-screen mode. The biggest shortcoming is that in rhythm practice, there isn't any visual indication of exactly when the song is going to (or already has!) started, so it can be tricky to get your timing right. These are things we'll be cleaning up soon.
trevordavies

Post by trevordavies »

Ah! maybe it's me who needs to update. Does all that stuff work on the iPad?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yep, and the most recent update (just earlier this week) replaced our use of Apple's own built-in MIDI synth with one we've had a lot of luck with on Windows and Android so far. Apple's own synth was the largest source of Synthesia crashes on iOS, so the net result is an app that is a lot more stable. :)