Trouble hot spots

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
deed02392

Post by deed02392 »

Create a zoomed out view of the notes, showing the areas where you most need to work on either getting the notes or the rhythm correct. A bonus feature would be using this view as a shortcut to creating loops to practice within.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I like both of these a lot. This is Synthesia 12 era stuff. The big goal for 12 is to start tracking progress down on a per-measure level (across all input, even looped and "incomplete" play-throughs of a song). Imagine the individual measures in the timeline being highlighted in green through red to show problem areas.

Right now, on line 1785 of the task list, I've got "Auto-looping bad sections" which sounds like your bonus feature. (Although, I think I like the idea that yours is user-guided more.)
deed02392

Post by deed02392 »

Imagine the individual measures in the timeline being highlighted in green through red to show problem areas
Yeah this is exactly how I am imagining it, kind of like a heatmap. I think there is a place for the auto-looping bad sections feature, maybe as a new 'practice' button on the song details page. But I still think it would be logical to let the user create a loop or loops directly from the heatmap.