Indications: sustain pedal, nuances, crescendo

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Tchernosplif

Post by Tchernosplif » 03-30-20 6:36 am

Hello,

Do you think it would be possible to add indications (manually added like fingerings) for the use of the sustain pedal, the intensity changes (crescendo, decrescendo) and the nuances (... p, mf, f ...) . I imagine this information could appear on the sides (vertical scrolling) without interfering with the viewing of the notes.

Thank you

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 03-30-20 11:30 pm

Hmm. As I was reading through your list, it occurred to me that all of those are supported in the MusicXML file format (and when Synthesia 11 is complete, they should be shown in the sheet music area). Rather than allowing a separate way to also add them via "sidecar" metadata, the way we do with finger hints, I wonder if a better answer wouldn't just be to somehow also use the annotations stored in the MusicXML down in the falling note area as well?

Tchernosplif

Post by Tchernosplif » 03-31-20 3:57 pm

Hello NIcholas, indeed it would be simpler to take advantage of the information carried by the file (even if it means retouching the midi file for easier reading). On the other hand, "sidecar" data would allow more flexibility and write anything you want. The appearance of this information in the "sheet music area" will be a real plus :o . Bringing this information up vertically would be truly innovative and in tune with the synthesia spirit.